|Location: Sidcup, Kent||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Georgia Boylan||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Credit Control Manager
Credit Control Manager needed for a fast-paced specialist home and motor insurer committed to providing tailored products and solutions to those clients who may have difficulty finding what they need within the general market.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Credit Control Manager will include:
- Managing a team of credit hire recovery staff tasked with collecting sales invoices raised after the provision of a replacement rental vehicle, vehicle repair and recovery and storage of damaged vehicles.
- Plan and distribute work load based on profile of debt and skill set in the team
- Strive to deliver monthly cash recovery targets and other KPI's.
- Conduct one 2 ones and performance reviews for the team members and manage underperformance issues
- Mentoring & development of team members
Debtor Book Management
- Use experience to increase agreed settlements and money promised
- Review and implement any necessary changes to the payment collection process
- Manage the payment collection process
- Liaising closely with other areas of the business to drive optimal process improvement to increase cash flow and reduce write offs
- Aiding with queries/disputes to mitigate the age of the debt
- Provide cover for any staff member in the event of absence
- Delivering weekly and monthly reporting on the debtor book to the Managing Director
- Conduct credit control specific audits of work by staff to ensure that best practice is being followed
- Liaise with the Claims Auditor to review technical audit results and report on these to the Managing Director
- Reconcile payments received on the KPI log and case management system for month end accounting purposes
- Report on write offs in the month and identify trends that can be reviewed and where possible improve write off performance
Credit Hire Specific (Only applicable if the candidate has previous credit hire experience)
- Providing technical advice on evidence reviewing such as witness statements, locus reports, engineer's reports, BHR reports, and other documentation in support of the claim for debt being recovered
- Provide oversight to the litigated debt in relation to technical arguments and litigation strategy
What you need to be the successful Credit Control Manager:
In order to be the successful Credit Control Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- 3+ years' experience in a similar position
- 6 years' experience within a credit control department
- Proven track record of managing a large debtor book in excess of £5m
- Demonstrable leadership qualities, including but not limited to, motivational skills, cash recovery strategies and excellent people management skills
- Be able to prioritise and be self-motivated
- Will be confident in making decisions and addressing fellow employees at all levels whether it be face to face, by telephone or by email
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills.
- You will need to be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Have an A-C Grade in Maths and English
- Previous Credit Hire experience
- Previous motor claims experience
- Understanding of the process of litigation, specifically within the discipline of the Road Traffic Act
- Able to assess motor liability, including the knowledge of relevant credit hire and motor liability case law.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Control Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!