|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer
Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth.
The candidate will act as deputy to the Crowsnest Chief Engineer for system-level engineering, collaborating with Integrated Product Team leads. Tasking will be provided by Chief Engineer, and Engineering Management
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer will include:
- Leading Tiger Teams to resolve specific issues at a system level in support of Integrated Product Team (IPT) leads, to include recommending where Tiger Teams are needed.
- Deputising for Chief Engineer and Tactical Systems Lead, in accordance with authorised delegation list.
- Deputising for System Engineering CAM, WPM for assigned WP's
- Participation at Key Crowsnest technical meetings, as a technical reviewer, including IPT Leadership weekly, SEIT, Schedule Reviews, Proposal Reviews, Risk Reviews, CCB, Programme Integration Team Working Group, IPT Meeting as requested by IPT Leads or Chief Engineer.
- System Requirements: Provide oversight to requirements management activities and system engineering tools/infrastructure activities, including evolution of the capability from requirements definition into qualification.
- Airworthiness: Provide signatory support to Chief Engineer including review of airworthiness documentation.
- Safety engineering: Provide oversight to system safety activities and ensure coherence between the safety case and the design.
- Security engineering: Provide oversight to system security activities and ensure coherence between the security plans and the design.
- Software engineering: Provide oversight to system software activities coherent with wider system engineering tasks.
- Modelling and simulation: Provide oversight to modelling and simulation tasks, ensuring that representation of MCSP within system models is appropriate.
What you need to be the successful Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer:
In order to be the successful Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Performed effectively in a significant role on an engineering programme, including integration, test, and delivery
- Experience of Multi-functional team leadership
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Experience of hardware & integration of hardware into systems
- A proven track record as a major contributor on successful programmes
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Crowsnest Deputy Chief Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.