|Location: Winnersh, Berkshire||Salary: £33000 - £40000 per annum + 5% bonus|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Customer Service Engineer
Customer Service Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Aerospace organisation based in Berkshire who are looking to employ an experienced Customer Service Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging electro/mechanical equipment.
The successful Customer Service Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £33,000 - £40,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus based 5%
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: This position is responsible for performing assignments requiring service of telecommunications, computer equipment and systems, avionics or avionics systems. The primary functions are to direct or perform; installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and system test and training on site as required in accordance with company & customer requirements.
Some of the main duties of the Customer Service Engineer will include:
* Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software not related to information technology.
* Advise on the installation, repair, test, modification and servicing of Company products.
* Act as Program Engineer for company product as directed by the Engineering Group Manager.
* Act as Post Design Services Engineer for company product as directed by the Engineering Group Manager.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Assist customer during installation, evaluations and equipment trials.
* May be required to carry out support activities outside of the UK.
* Pursue and identify areas of equipment/systems design resulting in improper performance and make recommendations for corrective action.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
What you need to be the successful Customer Service Engineer:
* Customer Service Experience
* PC skills essential (Word, Excel, Project, Visio etc).
* Good interpersonal skills and willingness to travel World-wide
* Willing to be flexible and able to respond to short notice tasking and priority changes
* Willing to act as on call Engineering support for Customers (Out of Normal working hours)
* Experience with installation and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems, including security lockdowns and anti-virus.
* Computer networking experience (TCP/IP, Configuration of switches and routers, circuit switched and packet switched systems)
* Able to obtain SC clearance
* HNC/HND in relevant engineering subject
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!