|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Customs Compliance Administrator
Customs Compliance Administrator needed for a leading Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ a Customs Compliance Administrator who has strong attention to detail, is driven, committed and has a desire to learn & develop a career in this area
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Customs Compliance Administrator will include:
- Provide import clearance instructions to UK import agents.
- Interface with freight forwarders, brokers and other external parties to obtain and track customs documentation relating to import/export related activities, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Match import instructions issued to brokers and freight forwarders to the appropriate import entries and log in the business ERP system.
- Obtain Customs records and air waybills relating to export shipments and log in the business ERP system.
- Maintain the Inward Processing Relief (IPR) database, ensuring records are accurate and complete.
- Work with the Customer Services and Production teams to ensure goods are returned to customers within the approved timeframes of the company's IPR authorisation.
- Identify and highlight Customs entries requiring amendment.
- Assist with the tariff classification of product and equipment exported by the business.
- Check the accuracy of freight forwarder invoices.
- Liaise with other departments in the business to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Assist with audits and assessments, whether internal or external.
- Keep current with Customs legislation, attend required training and seminars and provide input and feedback on any changes.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the PCS business.
What you need to be the successful Customs Compliance Analyst:
In order to be the successful Customs Compliance Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Have strong attention to detail, be a continuous learner, flexible and be willing to take initiative.
- Promotes an open-minded, innovative environment.
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload.
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of customs procedures and documentation
- Previous experience in handling import clearance activities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Customs Compliance Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.