|Location: Bristol||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Space, Technology, Safety, Security and Compliance||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Cyber Safety Consultant
Various UK base locations available with Home Working
£50,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Benefits and Bonuses.
This is not your typical Cyber Security role !
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Safety Engineer to join a rapidly growing Digital Systems Assurance team. The work streams will offer you the chance to use your technical skills to make a contribution to a range of systems engineering and assurance projects.
This includes working with design organisations and in technology development and research.
You will also be able to work with the regulators in the development of Regulation and Standards.
The majority of your work will be providing Cyber Safety support within the UK defence sector focussing on providing assurance through the creation of Safety and Certification artefacts or assessment of compliance against regulation and standards. The variety of projects will be interesting and constantly changing across land, sea and air platforms and also include new technologies such as AI and Autonomous Vehicles.With a strong technical background, you will lead and manage projects and identify, develop and capture new work opportunities in this highly specialist and technical area.
- A track record in managing Cyber Safety programmes or providing Cyber Safety assurance consultancy.
- A good understanding of both the Cyber life cycle and Safety lifecycle and their interactions, particularly when applied to platforms where a Cyber threat may result in a potentially life threatening safety impact.
- An understanding of secure by design methodologies and standards such as IEC62443.
- A comprehensive understanding of Safety standards such as Defence Standard (Def Stan) 00-056, Def Stan 00-055 & Def Stan 05-138 and Air safety processes such as Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) 4754 & 4761.
- Some experience of standards such as DO-326A/ED-202A, DO-356A/ED-203A or DO-355A/ED-204A.
It is to your advantage if you had ANY of the following additional requirements: (Nice to have)...
- A Master's degree in an Cyber, Engineering, Computer Science, Safety or related subject; or similar experience gained through previous employment;
- Be CEng/IEng accredited or a desire to work towards it with mentored professional development;
- Knowledge and experience of safety assessment and analysis techniques and application across a variety of systems and platforms.
Personal development is an important aspect of this opportunity and company and you will have access to professional development opportunities, training opportunities and conferences.
For this position you must be able to achieve UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level, typically that requires you to be a UK Passport holder.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.