|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Cyber Software Engineer
Cyber Software Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Cyber Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of VHDL or Verilog.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Cyber Software Engineer will include:
- Performing a range of hardware/software engineering tasks across the development life cycle
- Assisting with requirements analysis
- Digital circuit design, board design, and standard test equipment such as oscilloscope's and logic analyzers.
- Hardware/Software testing
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
What you need to be the successful Cyber Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Cyber Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following languages: VHDL and Verilog.
- Demonstratable knowledge of applying VHDL/Verilog on an FPGA device.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, using current technology such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, DSPs, and Interface Controllers.
- Possess extensive technical expertise to implement designs without appreciable direction.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- A passion for developing high quality hardware/software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
- Experience with one or more, but not limited to the following: C/C++, OpenCPI, Cuda, MatLab, LabView, Cuda and OpenCL.
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Cyber Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.