|Location: Westbury, Wiltshire||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Data Analyst required to join a highly reputable and globally established defence company. Providing a diverse range of products, services and capabilities such as (CBT) Computer based training mission simulators for the military and civilian domains. The Data Analyst will be an integral part of their growing team.
Joining this company will provide the Data Analyst with a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary up to £40,000
- Ranged benefits package (Inc. contributed pension and healthcare)
- Possible career progression
- 9 day working fortnight
The Data Analyst's responsibilities include:
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Analyses needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- May create standards and/or do modelling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance
- Develops general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions;
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop solutions
- Corrects programme errors, prepares operating instructions, produces development documentation
- Analyses system capabilities to resolve questions of business intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Ensures software standards are met
- Manage your time effectively to develop effective solutions to software tasks to cost and quality targets
- Create Artifacts (Design and database diagrams) of the data models that are used to generate data cubes and provide data to reports
- Report deficiencies and improvements to the engineering process, standards and guidelines
- Participate where necessary in the software activities throughout the project lifecycle ensuring that they are conducted satisfactorily and in accordance with the engineering processes
- Ensure full understanding of software processes and tools required by the business
- Provide guidance to any new database specialists or sub-contractors placed under your control
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to show experience in the following:
- Experience with at least one RDBMS platform, and SQL skills in at least one dialect (Oracle preferred, Postgres an advantage but not essential)
- Experience with at least one BI reporting tool (Tableau, Yellowfin etc.) to develop engaging and effective web user interfaces
- Strong grasp of data warehouse concepts and data models
- Understanding and experience of Virtual environments
- Understanding of relational database design, development and utilization of normalization forms and cardinality, as well as other database conc
- Ability to respond positively to change, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains trust and respect.
The Data Analyst must be able to gain (SC) Security Clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.