|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Data and Systems Engineer
Data and Systems Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Data and Systems Engineer who will demonstrate self-leadership behaviours and be able to build effective internal, Supplier and Customer relationships.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance.
The successful Data and Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
* Enhanced annual leave allowance
* Variable annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Flexible working hours
* Career Progression
* Local and national employee discounts
* And many more!!!!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Data and Systems Engineer will include:
* Technical Support for testing and verification of upgrades to both applications and operating systems.
* To support the Application Management and Data Integration for generation and delivery of ILS information. This will include local Support and Maintenance of specific ILS applications.
* Definition of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts and test programmes
* Technical Support to deployed applications and hardware, including requirements capture, installation, commissioning and set to work.
* Rapid creation of ad-hoc reports and identification of data discrepancies and anomalies
* Responsible for peer reviewing and the integration of ILS Data deliverables to ensure the delivered output achieves the stated requirement to cost and schedule.
* Provide a subject matter expertise to projects during technical negotiations with contractors/suppliers.
* A good understanding of how own activities integrate within those of own team, and how activities of own team interrelate and interacts with other teams within the same discipline area.
* Accountable for the production of ILS Engineering reports.
* Maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to drive forward key contract objectives and deliverables.
* Liaison with other engineering and support functions as required across the business.
* Contributing to bid preparation and cost models.
* Developing an understanding of the technical specification aligned to the functional area of activity.
What you need to be the successful Data and Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Data and Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A good understanding and detailed experience in the use of Microsoft Access, SQL and Oracle
* Good understanding of data and Systems within the engineering discipline and their support through life.
* Experience in LSAR (Logistics support analysis record) and/or CSDB (Common Source Databases)
* Maritime/Defence experience desirable, but not essential
* Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Data and Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!