|Location: Quebec, Canada||Salary: Negotiable + benefits|
|Sector: Gaming, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Allard|
Senior Systems AdministratorSys Admin · Kahnawake, Quebec
As part of our continued expansion we are on the lookout for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our growing SysOps Team. Based in KDCA, the successful individual will join the global team currently spread across Europe & North America in the delivery of quality services & support to both internal & external customers.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, develop & support the Continent 8 Technologies corporate environment globally
- Maintaining a computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades while monitoring ongoing system performance
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support the IT infrastructure
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems, on an assigned project basis
- Contribute to the IT Strategy through the completion of assigned projects
- Scope, research, implement & support multiple technologies
- Onboarding & on-going management of cloud \ IaaS customers
- Onboarding & on-going management of managed service customers
- Delivery of value-add services to external customers
- Act as an escalation point for other internal technical teams
- Develop and implement IT standards, procedures & documentation while participating in audits & remediation works
- Troubleshooting of complex problems, taking corrective action in a timely manner with the assistance of vendors when required
- Shift based DC technicians are required to work on a 24/7 rotation covering days, evening, weekends and nights.
- Salary banding - $50-75k commensurate with experience + On call allowances
- Healthcare coverage. We would cover 50% of the premium for the employee and this would be covered from Day 1 of employment.
- Ancillary benefits are also included – Dental, Vision, Accidental Health ( these are all provided through our clients payroll portal with Paychex) there are a variety of different options.
- 401K option
- 2 weeks PTO
- All candidates must be living in New Jersey/ Atlantic City and have the right to work in the US.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Individuals must have acquired a Bachelor's degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years' experience in a similar role with customer facing experience
- Individuals must also have a proven record of working in a team environment and have demonstrated the ability to work in a collaborative manner between groups on an international basis as well as showing strong individual initiative
- Proven experience researching, scoping and implementing IT solutions and infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Client & Server Admin (Windows Server, Active Directory and Domain Services)
- Ideally you will have either: Microsoft Training & Certification/ VMware Training & Certification / Cisco Training & Certification / ITIL or Project Management qualifications
- Great organisational skills with ability to multi-task is essential
- You need to be able to plans and prioritise work effectively to ensure we work as a team
- So you can succeed, you need to be able to takes responsibility for own work, ensuring it is accurate, meets quality standards, and performed on a timely basis
- We are a global team of highly technical people, so you should be able to build good productive relationships to learn off others and develop yourself
Our client is a rapidly expanding service provider delivering advanced managed hosting and data centre services across over 25 locations spanning 3 continents. The company has a significant market share in its primary sector and is seeking to broaden its customer base across other industry sectors and geographies. We are a dynamic and technology driven company who value our people, their passion and their knowledge.
We are a Global Team of Systems Administrators \ Systems Engineers, who are dedicated and focused on delivering quality support & services to our Customers. We are a professional, hard-working and fun bunch of people to work alongside.
As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Team. You will be surrounded by approachable and helpful Team Members who a have a wealth of skills and expertise in a multitude of technologies.
A Typical Day
After grabbing your morning coffee from the canteen, start your morning by checking-in and saying hello to your Team Colleagues throughout North America & EMEA on our group IM chat. Review the support queue for any new support tickets or updates, alongside a check-in with your manager & colleagues on your assigned Projects to form what's on the agenda for today. Use all the collaboration tools to work closely with your colleagues & customers on making continuous progress on projects, incidents & requests.
As you will be exposed to a multitude of top tier technologies, no two days are the same. You will be assigned a mix of projects & support cases; ranging from deploying & supporting internal end user solutions, onboarding cloud customers and managing infrastructure. You will be continuously challenged & learning each day. When you get stuck, reach out to your team members who will be more than willing to help.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.