|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
£60,000-£65,000 + benefits
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 - 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including "first of the month" drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ's and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
In this role, you will be working with data and the technology that supports it on a day to day basis as well as providing strategic counsel and pre-sales guidance and advice. You will be delivering technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research. This will include technical deployment at a proof of concept level. Just theorising about the "how" is not going to be enough for this role - your software background will enable you to build "demos" and the proof of concepts. Therefore, a background in Geo databases, Python etc. is going to be essential.
This role will require you to maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies, as well as undertaking the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
You will provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all of spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies, whilst collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team to identify new data areas/markets as well as offer appropriate strategic-level challenge.
- Broad data domain experience across a variety of sectors - Maritime, defence, civil
- Proven capability in developing & deploying software and technology - capable and confident building "proof of concepts" and demonstrators
- Experience analysing customer data ecosystems and recommending both data and system level solutions to optimise their workflows "Data Wrangling"
- Experience developing solutions designs / architectures including geospatial applications
- Experience of providing bid, pre-sales and project delivery expertise: positive track record of supporting, guiding and challenging sales and project colleagues
- Confident and engaging with clients: can help clients articulate and identify their issues and concerns
- Comfortable providing expert support and challenge to a Senior Leadership team: input will help shape trajectory of sales and resourcing pipelines
- Act as mentor to early career colleagues
- Deputise and be a "sounding board" for Applied Research Team Lead
- Worked outside of military/defence data environment
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.