|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
My client are passionate about what they do and take pride in leading the information technology and services industry in providing web-based software tools that drive straight-through processing for the insurance and financial services markets on a global basis.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to support our goal to help grow the protection industry through the use of data and analytics. Reporting to the Data Product Manager, this role will deliver wide-ranging data-driven solutions using machine learning and statistical data analysis.
- Collaborate with the wider Data Analytics team to improve existing functionality and deliver richer data insights back to the business.
- Work closely with product and tech teams to develop our predictive capabilities to meet the market challenges.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis, presenting results back in a clear, concise manner.
- Work with customers to enhance our existing products with machine learning & statistical analysis.
- Keep the lights on - support existing machine learning services through adaptive maintenance.
- Develop processes that are scalable, automating wherever possible, and providing clear and repeatable documentation.
Required skills for the Data Scientist role:
TECHNICALLY ABLE: looking for bright individuals that excel at Data Science; you must have:
- Experience building machine learning models in R or Python
- Experience using SQL to perform data transformations, cleansing and analysis
- Working knowledge of regression and classification algorithms
- Experience with cloud-based data science tools would be beneficial
- NUMERATE: You will be bringing statistical rigor to our data analytics team. A degree level qualification in Mathematics or Statistics is essential.
- INNOVATIVE: We collaborate as a team and across the business; entrepreneurship is actively encouraged, challenging the status quo to create exciting solutions.
- BUSINESS SAVVY: We believe the best results are delivered when working with a clear understanding of the wider market. You should have an understanding of how data science projects are delivered within a business context. Experience in financial services would be beneficial.
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED: Everything we do is for our customers; you'll need to work closely with customers, listening, challenging and delivering.
- SELF-STARTER: Driven by your passion to bring data to life, you will manage your own workload to prioritise the most valuable initiatives and deliver.
- Highly collaborative environment
- Inclusive culture
- Work-life balance focus, including
o Flexible working schedules
o 25 days holiday per year with flex
o Wellness allowance to keep you active
o Sports and social events
- Special interest group sessions (with pizza)
- Open plan, relaxed and focused environment
- Casual dress
- Perkbox membership (discounts and freebies)
- Well stocked kitchen - free soda, tea, coffee, fruit
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.