|Location: Milan (province), Italy||Salary: negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Data Scientists -Milan
Keen to speak with Data Scientists for projects in Milan and Madrid.
Responsible for developing predictive models with large and varied datasets, the Data Scientists will be co-creating advanced analytics products that provide actionable business insight to the business and its stakeholders.
The Data Scientist will work with a global community of colleagues across advanced analytics, technology and customer functions and will be a contributor to the wider community, supporting the enablement of the advanced analytics capability.
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Python, Scala is a plus, familiar working with notebooks and with Hadoop ecosystem
- Pyspark, SparkML, H2O, scikit etc.
- GCP experience, DataProc, GCS, BigQuery
- R is not required but could be beneficial
- Geolocation and Graphs experience ideal but not essential.
- Expertise in major statistical modelling software packages and multivariate techniques (e.g. clustering, regression, classification, time-series forecasting)
- Experience in digital data sets, e.g., social listening, social network analysis
- Familiarity with visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, D3)
- Use a variety of datasets to test hypothesis, discover hidden relationships and provide actionable insights
- Design, develop and test analytic models to industrialise insight into operations
- Use data visualisation to engage audiences in a compelling way
- Contribute to the development of self and others across the global community
- Professional and/or academic experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms to solve real-world problems (with deep statistical modelling expertise)
- Experience manipulating and analysing large and complex datasets
- Experience in visualisation, creating graphical static and interactive displays of data that clearly communicate insight (preferred)
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multinational teams
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.