|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Database Administrator (DB2)
Database Administrator needed for a financial organisation based in Dorking.
The Database Administrator is responsible for the management of various databases supporting applications with little to no oversight. They will be viewed as being a strong technical subject matter expert within their area of responsibility. This position will require both technical level experience and ability to interact with all levels of users. It will also require user support as needed. This role may mentor Database Administrators and/or Associate Database Administrators.
The successful Database Administrator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Performance-based incentive bonus
- 27 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Sports facilities, restaurants and gym on site
- Life Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension scheme
- Two days paid volunteering per annum working alongside a variety of community partners
Some of the main duties of the Database Administrator will include:
- Designs and builds logical and physical data models from the business and technical requirements.
- Independently writes complex stored procedures, functions, integration services and ETL jobs.
- Identifies and optimises complex and long running queries and removes blockages.
- Sets database modeling and SQL coding standards.
- Educates their team and enforces quality controls.
- Identifies database and reporting requirements by interviewing customers, analysing department applications and operations, and evaluating existing systems.
- Assists with installing revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts, recommending optimum access techniques, and coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new release; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
In order to be the successful Database Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- DB2 essential and Oracle preferred
- Ideally some exposure to SQL, Sybase or Mongo. Preferable all 3 technologies, but one will suffice.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Proven years of related work experience.
- Industry certification a plus
- Strong ability to leverage scripting and other tools to automate routine tasks.
- Systematic, technically curious, self-motivated and able to work independently without direct supervision
- Candidate must be comfortable in fast paced, multiple priority environment
- Strong ability to communicate with multiple levels of organisational leadership and delivery impactful presentations
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!