|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: Up to £68000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Database Architect Needed - Permanent Position - Based in Ampthill
Currently I am Recruiting for a Database Architect (Oracle & SQL) for a Market leading Defence company based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire.
You will be working closely with members of the team and be responsible for the ongoing maintenance, performance, uptime and continual improvement of all the company's SQL and Oracle database estates working in real-time high availability environments. This includes automating manual processes, writing database documentation, ensuring database backups, troubleshooting and configuring environments.
Benefits package for the successful Database Architect:
- Up to £68,000 per annum based on experience
- 25 day's holiday
- Flexible start/finish times
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Required skills for the Database Architect:
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including Oracle and SQL Server
- Relational database design techniques, SQL writing, debugging and the ability to articulate verbally and written execution plan algorithms and flaws
- Systems engineering experience, including performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
- Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing and caching.
- Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Experience analysing issues from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Perl).
- Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Excellent communication skills.
Please note that the successful Database Architect must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)