|Location: Malvern, Worcestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
DDS Software Engineer
Defence / Technology
DDS Software Engineer required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful defence and technology companies, based in Malvern.
Succesful candidates for this DDS Software Engineer position will have experience contributing to all stages of the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of DDS based software, following a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
All applicants for this DDS Software Engineer role must be eligible for SC clearance
Benefits for DDS Software Engineer position:
- Potential overtime
- Competitive pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- + many more
Essential Skills and Qualifications for DDS Software Engineer
- A thorough understanding of DDS (preferably RTI), including real-time Quality of Service (QoS), and the Interface Definition Language (IDL), Record, Replay and Persistence
- Experience of architecting, designing and implementing DDS based solutions in software.
- Ability to develop in C++ and/or Java.
- Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes and tools.
- Experience using software design, development environment and test tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience of designing software using UML
- * Experience of developing real-time software
* Experience of developing embedded systems
* Experience of developing on Linux operating systems.
* Experience of using RTI DDS versions 5.3.0 and 4.2e
* Experience of developing on Ubuntu Linux 16.04
* Experience of using Linux Containers
* Knowledge and experience of the Common Data Representation (CDR)
* Implementing to applicable coding standards.
* High assurance software development (security).
* Experience of working across both Local Area and Wide Area Networks.
* Knowledge and experience of networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Routers and Firewalls
All applicants for this DDS Software Engineer position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.