|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £38000 - £43000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Callie Warner||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Deputy Platform Manager
Deputy Platform Manager needed for a major defence organisation based in Portsmouth. My client is looking for someone with either a project management or engineering background which includes budget and cost analysis, as well as change and risk management.
The successful Product Support Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
* Enhanced annual leave
* Competitive Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Company contributed Share Incentive
* Flexible working programme
* Childcare vouchers
* Local and national employee discounts
* Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Deputy Platform Manager will include:
- Management of timely defect rectification, work packages and/ or small projects, including capability insertion, ensure delivery of budget, schedule, scope, risk management and quality of the sub contract
- Issue authorisations for work within the scope of own activity, i.e. release of budget such that work can be undertaken and the contract or project delivered
- Involvement in the creation and maintaining of Reporting Packs and delivery of Project reports up through the business chain.
- Ensure compliance with all project management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk register, change control, etc.
- Assist with decision making for technical issues on resourcing strategy, sub contract and supply chain activity.
- In the absence of the Ship Platform Manager, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management on behalf of the Project.
What you need to be the successful Deputy Platform Manager:
In order to be the successful Deputy Platform Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Project management and planning
- Ability to work under a sustained pressurised environment.
- Degree/ honours degree or equivalent in a PM/ business/ engineering qualification and/ or equivalent business/ engineering experience.
- Eligable for security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Platform Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!