|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Design Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Dorset. There're looking to employ an experienced Design Engineer who will design and draft of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems.
The successful Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Annual bonus
- Great pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Single Medical Cover
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer will include:
- Identify where Safety Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite electrical/avionic design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc are complete and available.
- Independent checking of drawings and documents.
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contract budget.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
What you need to be the successful Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in avionic or electrical engineering, or 5 years related industrial experience
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft avionic/electrical component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA, Solidworks or Auto CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements
- The ability to work alone or within a team environment, and as a team member, playing a key role in the production of design data
- PC literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft© Word and Excel.
- A willingness and ability to travel within the UK and abroad
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!