|Location: Ipswich, Suffolk||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Design Engineer needed for an agricultural vehicle manufacturer based in Ipswich. My client is looking to employ an enthusiastic driven Design Engineer who is looking to progress their career by joining a forward thinking organisation. You will ideally have strong knowledge of CAD (ideally UG NX) and FEA software (ideally ANSYS) required. You will be reporting directly in to the Engineering Manager who will also mentor you and help develop you as a Design Engineer.
The successful Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity to develop but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays),
* Pension scheme,
* Annual salary review,
* Life assurance of 4 x pensionable salary (if you contribute to the pension scheme)
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer will include:
* To ensure that all designs meet technical, performance, reliability and cost targets as identified by a Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager;
* To produce and maintain all drawings, Bill of Material records, outline assembly instructions and Technical Publications consistent with the Engineering Change process and as guided by senior engineering staff;
* To ensure that all designs can be manufactured both efficiently and cost effectively through liaison with Manufacturing staff, incorporating mistake proofing or visual guidelines if miss-builds are possible;
* Utilise best practice reference documents and standard in-house components where at all possible. Liaise with other Engineers and departments when implementing new principles;
* To read, understand and incorporate requirements of standards and directives relevant to the product under development;
* To assist in the development of test regimes to validate design elements of a project.
To have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* You should be degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering related field, preferably Mechanical Engineering;
* Comfortable designing in a variety of materials including steels, plastics and alloys;
* Able to demonstrate a hands-on approach working within a multi-disciplinary team to take design concepts through to medium volume production to meet challenging specifications and timescales;
* Self-motivating and able to work with low levels of supervision to defined objectives;
* Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
* A strong knowledge of CAD (ideally UG NX) and FEA software (ideally ANSYS) required.
* If you studied at Harper Adams University I will be especially keen to talk with you
* This role will be prefect for someone with a couple of years industry experience, looking to take the next step in their career.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!