|Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire||Salary: £23000 - £27000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
£23,000 to £27,000
I have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Design Engineer to join a market leading aerospace & Industrial Engineering company based near Macclesfield, Cheshire. You will work closely with the Engineering team to provide design based solutions to new and existing customer requirements. You will improve the company products through design and innovation while supporting 'right first time' methodology. This role will come with training, support and an environment you can grow in.
The successful Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum
- Childcare vouchers
- Free onsite parking
- Simply Health
- Birthday gift voucher
- 25 days holiday
- Excellent Company pension contributions
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer will include:
- To prepare draft Job cards (for product assembly with the Manufacturing Engineer) and BOMs using the company's internal ERP system (EFACS)
- To maintain an awareness of technological advancements in best practice manufacturing techniques, new materials and design software.
- To create and develop concept designs using AutoCAD / Inventor and prepare 2D detailed design drawings in the appropriate formats.
- To prepare test procedures/reports and review of customer specifications.
- To plan, coordinate and document work allocated. This includes liaising with customers and suppliers as necessary.
- To proactively liaise with project leaders and other departments to highlight and address any concerns that would impact programme delivery.
- To support the Purchasing department regarding sub component purchases to achieve best value and delivery to required timescales.
- To take participate and assist in Design / Technical and Test readiness reviews.
- To use design tools such as FMEA in identifying product requirements and design risks.
- To support the business strategy, goals and objectives through an active involvement in continuous improvement and lean activities.
- To maintain a positive proactive relationship with internal departments, customers, suppliers or others as appropriate to support the aims of the Company for sustained efficiency improvement and long term growth.
In order to be the successful Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience operating in a design led role, with responsibilities for delivery to schedule
- Experience of working in multi discipline environment
- Geometric, dimension & tolerance knowledge - GD&T
- Understanding of design concept and process
- Strong CAD experience
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental engineering principles
- Experience with simulation and basic stress calculations
- HNC or equivalent qualification(s) as a minimum
- Experience in design for regulated environments Oral and written communication is clear.
- Delivers to deadlines
- Ability to provide explanations and reasoning for decisions
- Prioritise workload effectively
- Open to change
- Establish root cause of issues
- Competency in Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Understand who the key stake holders are
- Demonstrate a positive "can do" attitude
- Demonstrate integrity and upholds values.
- Use of Microsoft project
- Use of AutoCAD Inventor and / or Catia
- Bellow product knowledge
- Sheet fabrication knowledge
- Engineering Degree
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!