|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £27000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Design Engineer needed for an industry leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of design and the use of CATIA V5, production of 2D tolerance drawings, and the Aerospace Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer will include:
- Carry out design activities with minimal supervision working within budget and to project schedule.
- Assign drawing numbers (D numbers) and assembly number (A numbers) to parts within scope of allocated work, using 4C software.
- Update project parts with status of design/drawing issue numbers and dates
- Carry out load/stress calculations as required, and advise on material types/sizes
- Maintain a close relationship with the Project Manager and all other key stakeholders within the project regarding the status of the design activity
- Attend and contribute to project launch meetings, engineering reviews (PDR/CDR) and project wash up meetings
- Ensure that the minimum direct (project) booking requirement is achieved using correct project and sub-assembly booking codes for work completed
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives with D&M.
- Observe the company's Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Carry out any other duties which may be required in order to facilitate the efficient and effective running of the business unit, as requested by the Head of D&M.
What you need to be the successful Design Engineer
In order to be the successful Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HND or equivalent in technical discipline.
- Extensive experience of design and the use of CATIA V5 and production of 2D tolerance drawings within a project-based environment.
- Solid knowledge of the company's product or equivalent high precision scaled wind tunnel models.
- Sound understanding on MMC disciplines and workflow parts through the MMC and of delivering Continuous Improvement and influencing change.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable skills and experience are as followed:
- Experience of project management methodologies and tools.
- Experience of 5S and lean manufacturing processes.
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Design Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.