|Location: Suffolk, England||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
This is a permanent full-time role (37.5 hours per week) with a Monday to Friday working pattern.
Our client is part of a family of companies owned by a leading Utilities company and they are currently recruiting for a Contestable Design Engineer to be based at their Woolpit Head Office.
You will be reporting to the Design Manager/Senior Design Engineer the Design Engineer will provide electrical design and technical support to the business and its partners; also assist in the maintenance of Company records.
Key responsibilities for the Design Engineer:
- Undertake Network demand calculations and design networks; undertake variations of networks as appropriate
- Preparation of network records
- Ensure compliance with NRSWA procedures
- Undertake Technical and Safety Audits as determined by the procedures of the business
- Self Assess Points of Connection (LV 250kVA - HV 500kVa) and applying for POC where necessary
- Work with DNO's on all aspects of design and technical standards
- Liaise with UC, POC & ICP's on all aspects of design
- Liaise with other departments to progress approved networks in the design and construction process
- Implement and develop processes to internally communicate any technical and maintenance requirements for accepted projects
- Develop and use of system/database's to manage customer requirements to facilitate all aspects of UC, POC & ICP relations
- Process approved and subsequent variations to network drawings, emergency cover and data submissions in line with system/company requirements
- Issue data and reports in line with business requirements
- Provide technical solutions for 3rd Party Point of Connection applications
- Approval of peer designs as required under the DOAG
General duties for the Design Engineer:
- Provide accurate quality work within the department and company
- Maintain a helpful and informative work environment
- Assist the Design Manager in the development of greater efficiency within the company
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded accurately and submitted on time
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Design Manager
- The Design Engineer will also have a responsibility for CDM, ESQCR and Health and Safety matters relating to the Design, Planning and recording of the electrical Design Engineer Ver1 Aug 15 networks and have a working knowledge of at least two of the disciplines and develop skills in the remaining. The incumbents are also required to assist at the head office during a electrical network emergency.
The successful Design Engineer will have:
- A membership with a recognised engineering institution at Technician grade or equivalent
- A degree and NVQ Level 2 City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 City & guilds (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience and maintain a competence portfolio of own skills, training and experience.
- Knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications and ENA Recommendations relating to relating to the client's networks and be aware of the implications to the safe management of electrical networks based on these procedures.
- They offer some fantastic benefits including a competitive pension scheme, life assurance, innovation reward scheme, employee referral bonus and wellbeing assistance (24 hour helpline and counselling service).
- They also have a flexible benefits scheme which includes the ability to purchase additional holiday, child care vouchers, medical insurance, gym membership and our corporate perk scheme (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops). Where applicable (We have an active social calendar with events taking place throughout the year which are subsidised by the company.)
If you are interested, they are looking to move quick, so get in touch ASAP.