|Location: Exmouth, Devon||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + Extensive Benefits Package|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Defence organisation based in Exmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Mechanical Design, 3DCAD and ideally civil nuclear experience.
The successful Mechanical design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
* 25 days of holiday + Bank holidays
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Cycle scheme
* Onsite Parking
* + Much more!
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Produce innovative mechanical designs centred on functionality, simplicity and economy
* Use a good base understanding of mechanical design to rapidly develop suitable designs, avoiding multiple design / analysis / prototype iterations
* Can design using 3D CAD software to a defined specification and within hours specified.
* Component and assembly design from concept to production in an automotive environment using 3D CAD (Solidworks).
* Design components to include sheet metal, turned / machined items, small and large fabrications, including manufacturing considerations
* Maintain accurate design records and maintain drawing issue control.
* Use the PDM system to store and issue drawings.
* Revise or amend existing designs and drawings to meet new requirements
* Work with the Senior Engineer and other team members to provide the best output.
* Liaise with suppliers in order to source new components.
* Assess prototypes for correct fit and function.
* Material selection
* Assess the strength of components using hand calculations (and FEA)
* Prepare documentation for design reviews.
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* 3D Cad skills preferably with SolidWorks, although adaptation training will be given.
* Engineering draughting experience for detail components and assemblies.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* A good communication skill (verbal and written) at all levels including suppliers and customers.
* Generally, computer literate and able to adapt to different software etc.
* Good report writing and project information recording.
* Able to resolve basic computer problems with minimal help.
* Minimum of HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related discipline.
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!