|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Design Engineer to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description for the Design Engineer:
The Manufacturing Feasibility Engineer shall have a proven track record of competent design solutions created in PTC Creo 2 and able to create part sections, mechanisms and 2D drawings. They shall be capable of operating and understanding the drawing release procedure with a good working knowledge of Windchill 10.1.
Required skills for the Design Engineer:
- Fully competent in the use of PTC Creo 2 sufficient to support and present the data when necessary, in respect of DFM solutions including development of cost and mass efficient concepts from instruction.
- A comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise functional datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics and produce 2D data packs for Estimating and Procurement.
- Ability to influence design and demonstrate a clear understanding of DFM that will support the Manufacturing Expectations.
- Review drawings in consideration of materials, process cost (UPC), tooling access, component manufacturability and assembly feasibility.
- Advise on the application of appropriate GD&T and dimensional detail to support the product functional datum structure through design.
- Strong working knowledge of Tooling Design for fabrication, machining, measurement & assembly processes.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills inc Power Point Presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.