|Location: Slough, Berkshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package!|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Paul Napper|
Design Manager - New Build Residential
£60K - £70K + Car Allowance + Excellent Package
Design Manager needed for a respectable main contractor based in Slough who are looking to employ a Design Manager with knowledge of Residential and Mixed-Use projects, detailed design, input into tenders, influence bids, leading a team, measuring of the design and change management.
Projects ranging in value from £15m to £50m.
Design Manager Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Cover
- Car Allowance/Business Mileage
- 24 Days Annual Leave (excluding public holidays)
Design Manager Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Health and Safety legislation.
- CDM Regulations
- Manage the design process for design and build contracts, and traditional contracts with construction design portions.
- Act as the primary contact for the design teams, clients and production teams.
- Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction.
- Co-ordinate the design information supplied to our construction division.
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements.
- Manage design output to agreed programmes.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control, Building Warranty Providers and Planning Departments.
Design Manager Experience/Requirements
- Demonstrate a continuous professional construction background in a design-based discipline with professional qualifications, relevant professional institute membership desirable.
- Experience of similar projects.
- A good working knowledge of Building Regulations and Technical Standards.
- A good appreciation of building services.
- Good team player with ability to liaise confidently and professionally with clients, consultants and construction teams.
- Head office based with opportunity of regular travel to sites.
Applicants for Design Manager role must be
- Professional Qualifications and/or Institute Membership
- Main contracting background
- Strong design experience
- Projects up to £15m
- Team management
- Similar project experience
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.