|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Paul Napper|
Design Manager - Refurbishment
£55K - £65K + Car Allowance + Mileage + Package
My client is currently looking for Design Managers with Refurbishment Residential experience with contractors in and around the Croydon area. Projects ranging in value from £15m to £50m of Croydon and South London based projects.
Design Manager Benefits
* Competitive Salary
* Private Medical Cover
* Car Allowance/Business Mileage
* 26 Days Annual Leave
Design Manager responsibilities
* Reporting to the Director of the Technical Design and Build Division.
* Recommend on cost effectiveness of substitute methods of construction.
* Manage design output to settled programmes.
* Act as the primary contact for the design teams, clients and production teams.
* Liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control, Building Warranty Providers and Planning Departments.
* Manage the design process for design and build contracts, and traditional contracts with construction design portions.
* Co-ordinate the design information supplied to our construction division.
* Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements.
Design Manager Experience/Requirements
* Validate a continuous professional construction background in a design-based discipline with qualifications, relevant professional institute membership desirable.
* Substantial experience of refurbishment residential projects.
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations, Planning processes and Technical Standards.
* A good appreciation of building services.
* Liaise confidently and professionally with clients, consultants and teams.
Applicants for Design Manager role must have
* Have established track record
* +3 years employment with the same company/ contractor
* No freelancers
* Professional Qualifications or Institute Membership
* Strong references
* Within reasonable travel distance