|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Design Quality Engineer
Permanent - Dorset
Salary can be discussed upon application
Design Quality Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised aerospace company based in Dorset.
Purpose of the Design Quality Engineer:
The Design Quality Engineer will be the Quality authority within CMS engineering Product development teams, to ensure that quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products.
Some of the main duties the Design Quality Engineer will include:
· Determination and generation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
· Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls
· Ensure Quality Management System adherence to EN9100, EASA Part 21(G) and Part 145, and with customer approvals throughout the Product Development Lifecycle
· Ensure implementation of robust change control and configuration management process
· Manage and host Product Development auditing activities
· Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations
· Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
· Conduct required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
What you need to be the successful Design Quality Engineer:
· Electronic or Electro-Mechanical design office background that could include some of PCBs, PCB assemblies, Black box design, looming or cabling.
· Airframe structures (mechanical) design office background that could include fabrication, machining, mechanical assemblies and Geometric tolerancing.
· Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments
· Degree qualified desirable
· Trained lean / six sigma practitioner
· Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
· Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements into new designs, and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
· Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
· Sound engineering experience and associated Quality & Inspection knowledge.
· QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
· Attention to detail and methodical approach
· Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
· Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Quality Engineer to progress their career within the Aerospace industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!