|Location: Winchester, Hampshire||Salary: £30.00 - £35.00 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Design Team Leader - Highways
Reporting to: Design Manager
Job Duration: 6 Months + or Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary Range (Dependant on experience and skillset): £30 - £35 per hour or if permanent £45,000 - £50,000
Working for a main contractor on one of the most prestigious Highways projects in the country.
The Design Team Leader Role:
The Design Team Leader (Highways) will be responsible for the development of schemes for a specific Asset, from identification of Need, through the Value Management process, design and into procurement. Management of the Asset design team will include planning workload and allocating appropriate resources to deliver cost-effective solutions for all aspects of any Scheme within the remit as agreed with the Design Manager. The Sucessful Design Team Leader will supervise a team of Engineers & Technicians up to 10 people.
Tasks/Responsibilities for The Design Team Leader:
- Ensure that team members are provided with briefing statements, and clearly communicate any changes.
- Hold regular team meetings (to include sub-consultants) in order to plan the immediate work, co-ordinate disciplines and identify any areas of concern on deliverables.
- Ensure that schemes are Project Managed with respect to time, cost and scope and all necessary tasks associated with this activity are completed monthly e.g. updates to Design Delivery Tracker and Forecasting Database.
- Manage the design within the time allotted and within the budget provided.
- Adjust resource allocation, in agreement with the Design Manager, as necessary to meet requirements.
- Liaise with Design Manager to procure support from other groups within Mouchel, Supply Chain Partners or Sub-Consultants when required.
- Ensure that the requirements of all relevant Authorities are incorporated into designs as appropriate.
- Undertake the assessment of designs and reports submitted by others.
- Ensure that all designs comply with all relevant requirements of the agreement, save where Departures are expressly authorised.
- Ensure that all tender and contract documentation is prepared in accordance with MCDHW and DMRB.
- Encourage innovation and continuous improvement within the team.
- Comply with the Information Management System (IMS).
- Comply with relevant Health & Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety
- Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experiencr for the Design Team Leader:
- Degree/HNC & Preferably Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer
- Proven project management of highway projects or tasks up to £5M and delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment. Developing, mentoring and supervision of highways staff.
- Senior design, Highway maintenance and/or contract document preparation to Highways England's procedures.
- To be able to work with or advise key clients on technical issues in the highway maintenance sector at a senior level.
- Good communication and report writing skills commensurate with key client expectations.
- Good working knowledge of H&S procedures also the CDM Regulations.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.