|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £38000 - £51000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Development Analyst to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The post is accountable to the Head of Supply Chain Development initially for the development of the supplier improvement capability and ultimately delivery of the supplier improvement programme.
- Developing and documenting the supplier segmentation tools and processes:
- Establishing a consistent and coherent approach
- Using a variety of techniques and models fine-tuned to meet the specific needs of the Ampthill business and based on best practice
- Supply Base capability, capacity, and performance management:
- Establishing a consistent and coherent approach for new capability identification and verification
- Facilitate a robust process to manage existing vendor performance and usage
- Supporting and documenting the execution of supplier segmentation:
- Collating data and providing recommendations
- Defining templates
- Establishing a suitable data repository
- Prioritising supplier excellence activities:
- Defining the focus for development and management effort across the supply base that generates maximum impact on product delivery with minimal programme disruption
- Developing supplier management strategies for 'focus' suppliers:
- Defining the type of engagement (e.g. invest, support, improve, divest)
- Working with sub contract managers and procurement leads in particular
- Supporting and promoting the development of the Supplier Relationship Management framework
- Strong procurement and business analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using SAP or other similar ERP/MRP systems
- Able to work independently with accountability to a wider team
- Ability to formulate actions plans and to achieve change
- Delivery of change and improved performance in complex supplier environments
- Ability to facilitating solutions.
- Supply chain experience working in multi-functional organisations along
- Knowledge of various phases of the product lifecycle i.e. capture and proposal, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life.
- Experience of managing suppliers in a Defence environment
Some travel may be required in relation to supplier improvement, potentially a couple of times a month and occasionally that will be international travel, however it is predominantly Ampthill based.
This role has the possibility of flexible working options including the potential to work a proportion of time from home.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.