|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Development Manager needed for a sustainable energy innovator organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Development Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Project Development, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Planning and Securing Land Partners
The successful candidate will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- 3% Pension plan
- Career progression
- Child care vouchers
- Health care
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Development Manager will include:
- To deliver fully consented construction ready hybrid solar development projects.
- To establish and effectively manage site specific project development budget and delivery programme
- To secure and nurture development partners; either third party originators or co-developers.
- To identify new opportunities and qualify site suitability for our hybrid solar solutions.
- To operate a system of continuous improvement across the development supply chain.
- To identify and strength land owner relationships to facilitate the development process.
- To secure landowner consent for grid connection applications and exclusivity.
- To negotiate Option to Lease and Option to Purchase Agreements.
- To effectively manage supply chain partners in permitting, real estate and grid connection design.
- To work inter and intra-departmentally to maximise efficiencies, collaboration and ultimately business performance.
- To support external funder dialogue through the provision of project specific documentation, data rooms and where required, representation at investor meetings.
- To learn, fully utilise and then optimise our Opportunity Management software as the central spine of project development management.
- Assist in other related duties as and when requested by GRIDSERVE Senior Management.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy and Environmental and Quality Management System (compliant with ISO 9001 and 14001)
What you need to be the successful Development Manager:
In order to be the successful Development Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree qualified in real estate, planning, surveying or energy discipline
- Experience in the energy or real estate industry in project development
- Securing land rights on targeted land (lease, option, licence, easement)
- An understanding of Distribution Networks (grid and gas)
- The ability to demonstrate a track record in initiating, developing, nurturing and delivering commercial and private leads
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and meet individual targets
- Excellent written and communication (verbal) skills, with the confidence to approach landowners as a 'cold' lead
- Very well organised both in time management and record keeping, and comfortable in generating and handling multiple leads at any time
- The ability to quickly understand business requirements and work as part of the team, maintaining an excellent rapport with the sourcing team even when out of the office
- UK driving licence
- Competent in using Microsoft outlook, excel and google earth. Further training will be provided on more specific land searching tools.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Development Manger to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!