|Location: West Malling, Kent||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Pension|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Kiely|
The successful Development team lead will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
* 22 day's starting holiday entitilement
* Pension Plan with employer Contribution
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle to work scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Development team lead will include:
* To be responsible for ensuring the day to day operational funtion of the development team
* Understand and explain to the team the importance of principles of good software design and development to produce software of the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time.
* Ensure that all of the developers in the team are adhering to the software quality standards agreed by the team so that work is done to the highest possible quality.
* Act as a mentor for new or lower-level software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team
* Manage the daily running of the Development team
* Monitor performance against key performance indicators and taking the necessary actions to ensure they are achieved
* Review individual and team performance making sure that all the team members are developing their skills.
* Coaching, motivating and retaining employees throughout the team
* Manage the Development team's programme of work ensuring priorities are established and conflicts in these are resolved
* Prioritiseand manage planned requests and manage where necessary ad-hoc work loads
What you need to be the successful Development team lead:
In order to be the successful Development team lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
* Strong understanding of project management principles
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritise
* Experience coaching and mentoring a strong software development team
* Exceptional customer service orientation
*In-depth understanding of Agile development methodologies
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Development team lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.