|Location: Malta||Salary: €50000 - €60000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 25 days ago|
€50,000-€60,000- can start remotely on a contract basis too, before relocating to Malta.
My clients is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team. The perfect candidate is a passion-driven professional with an innate attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, a solid knowledge base on the multiple fields involved in the role (Developing, Networking, Monitoring, Deploying, etc...) and also someone who is inquisitive about the workings of all components relating to systems and their architecture.
The client would ideally like someone already based in Malta, however would consider people relocating from Europe. They would be able to start you on a contract basis remotely, before moving to Malta and being set up on the Payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Devops Engineer
The selected individual will be working within the DevOps team to:
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Standard Linux system Administration tasks
- Handle software upgrades and patching
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Work with development team to expand/improve CI/CD
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow and update best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Management of Jira, Confluence, GitLab, Artifactory, LDAP
Skills and Requirements of the Devops Engineer
- A relevant Bachelor degree (BSc) or applicable experience.
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Expert Linux system administration skills (5+ years of experience)
- Expert public cloud administration skills (2+ years of experience)
- Experience in DevOPS, or related IT, computer, or operations field (2+ years of experience)
- Experience building and installing packages from source
- Experience with Configuration Management Tool (Ansible or SaltStack preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible or Terraform preferred)
- Experience with containers, container orchestration (Kubernetes or Openshift preferred)
- Experience with DB, caching and queuing systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulse )
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- Understanding of CI/CD best practice and tooling
- Good knowledge on networking (DNS, VPN, VPC, subnets)
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Must work well with low supervision
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.