|Location: Glasgow, Scotland||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
DevOps Engineer - Glasgow
*Candidates should either have SC Clearance or be prepared to go through clearence
My client is looking for a motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to help us continue our journey of automation, reliability, and performance.
The DevOps delivers and integrates software to form a complete DevOps toolchain. They are responsible for planning and designing large groups of stories.
- Implement high-level technical requirements in a practical reliable, scalable, and performant way
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensure due technical consideration is given, make processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Have a deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems.
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a no-blame culture, encourage people to learn from mistakes
- Take responsibility for their work
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- 5+ years in a practical DevOps role
- Can demonstrate practical experience with RedHat/ Amazon Linux, ECS, and EC2
- 5+ years' experience coding with Python, Ansible.
- Demonstrable experience of using VCS (Version Control System) in team environments. Eg git, Github, BitBucket.
- Demonstrable Experience delivering CI/CD pipelines, ideally with Jenkins
- Able to demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context
- Demonstrable experience of Identifying manual processes suitable for automatio
- Can demonstrate a firm grasp of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of Puppet, LDAP, Nexus
- Able to demonstrate they have worked in regulated environments (eg, finance, government)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.