|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
DFM Engineer needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded DFM Engineer that takes pride in their work with a comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics, full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application and familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the DFM Engineer will include:
- To support the product design process through direct instruction to engineering, identifying DFM/A opportunities and best practice.
- Provide guidance with datum structure, key characteristics and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to Engineering drawings.
- Reviewer and authorised signatory for drawing release ensuring standardisation and manufacturability criteria are met.
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives.
- Lead, facilitate or progress production PFMEA's, to support programme and customer requirements, driving findings through to solution that control Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters pertinent to manufacturing.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
What experience you need to be the successful DFM Engineer:
- A comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics.
- Full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
- Familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic moulding and robotics.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a DFM Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security up to SC level is required for the DFM Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.