|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Job Title: DFM Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 + Package
Key Skills: Design for Manufacture, Design, Mechanical, GD&T, DFM, DFMA, CAD, 8D, Root Cause Analysis, Manufacturing, Windchill, Modelling, Production, Defence
An DFM Engineer is required to play a key role working with the design team analysing concept designs, ensuring manufacturability is considered at all times. You will need a comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics, full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application and familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
So, what will you be doing as a DFM Engineer?
- To support the product design process through direct instruction to engineering, identifying DFM/A opportunities and best practice.
- Provide guidance with datum structure, key characteristics and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to Engineering drawings.
- Reviewer and authorised signatory for drawing release ensuring standardisation and manufacturability criteria are met.
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives.
- Lead, facilitate or progress production PFMEA's, to support programme and customer requirements, driving findings through to solution that control Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters pertinent to manufacturing.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
What are we looking for in our next DFM Engineer?
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics.
- Have a full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
- Familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic moulding and robotics.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next DFM Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next DFM Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.