|Location: London, England||Salary: £380 - £420 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Day rate: £380- £420
Term: 4 months
Currently looking for a UX/UI Designer for a 4-month contract based in London for a well-established Software Company.
Some of the main duties of the requirements of the UX/UI Designer will include:
- Design: Established Designer with excellent grasp of core design principals as well as modern web-orientated design. Impeccable attention-to-detail and clear understanding of whitespace, layout, composition, typography, colour, etc…
- Web: Demonstratable experience producing accessible visuals that are not only device/viewport-responsive but also compatible with multiple languages and RTL cultures.
- UX: Understands and is able to work with others to illustrate user-journeys as both wireframes and high-fidelity deliverables.
- Libraries: An appreciation for Web UI Libraries and has a good understanding of how to Customize/Extend and maintain assets intended for use with them. Examples libraries; Kendo, Semantic UI, Element, Vuetify.
- Tools: Mastery of the Adobe CC Suite with a special focus on vector-based design using tools like Illustrator and XD. Working with Sketch is acceptable but ideally would prefer work to be produced in cross-platform tools. Experience using collaboration services like Zeplin is also appreciated.
- Code: A fundamental knowledge of HTML/CSS is important but it's also important to have familiarity with working on larger web-apps and therefore usage of CSS Preprocessors is desirable too. SASS/SCSS ideally.
- Patterns: Has created and maintained Pattern Libraries for developers
- Versioning: Has experience using GIT to version control their assets
Will work initially with the Product team to adjust (and sometime create) wireframes and take them to high fidelity design assets that are ready for use in development. Will work directly with development to alter and refine deliverables.
Will primarily produce High Fidelity Designs that have the context of responsive web-layouts in mind. Additionally, individual assets (images, icons, fonts) should be created that are ready for use by development via a chosen Web UI Framework.
- Wireframes: Create/Update Wireframes for user-journeys
- High Fidelity Responsive Designs: Produce detailed scalable/vector-based designs
- Pattern Library: Establish and upkeep a pattern library to ensure consistent UX
- Visual Assets: Create appropriate web-optimized assets that are ready to use
- Style Sheets: Develop style sheets using Sass to improve maintainability