|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
.Net Application Developer - Maidstone
Must have a minimum of 4 years commercial experience with C#, ASP.Net, MVC and SQL Server
My client looking for a full stack, highly skilled and experienced .Net application developer (Asp, C# .Net) to help develop and maintain both their internal and external client applications
You will work in small team writing new functionality and maintaining existing applications. This role requires an all-round general-purpose developer who has wide interests in complete software development life-cycle and is willing to handle development from initial conception through to deployment and ongoing support. You will report to the head of Systems Development.
This really is an outstanding long-term development opportunity, a chance to join an exciting and stable company, a business that is investing significant amounts of money into its development team to ensure long-term development policies, practices and procedures are continuously improving and operating to the highest standards.
The working site has excellent staff facilities including subsidized canteen and well equipped gym - together situated in a spacious modern building south east of Maidstone.
- A minimum of 4 years commercial experience with C#, ASP.Net, MVC and SQL Server are essential
- Good experience on implementing SOLID principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and deployment tools such as GIT, TFS/VSTS
- Appreciation of good software architecture and core algorithms and data structures
- Excellent communication skills
- You should have a head for problem solving, allowing you to identify and create solutions to business related issues
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies.
Experience in these areas would be desirable
- - Azure, Micro- services , AD Azure, Blob storage,
- - Migrating web applications to Cloud Environment
- - Migrating from .NET Framework to .NET Core
Responsibilities and Duties:
Your focus will primarily be on the design, development, support and advancement of the company's clients internally developed web-based portal that is used by most business units to perform their daily tasks. This site is also accessible by customers and suppliers to allow a deeper level of interaction and to provide users with the tools and functionality to allow better service and ease of business. You will have the skills, knowledge and confidence to interact with other areas of the company outside of the development team. This includes business analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation - working closely with the project owner or key stakeholder for each task at hand until delivery. During larger projects, time will be made available to spend short periods of time working alongside colleagues in order to learn the tasks they perform and to understand their problems, in order for you to fully understand the business logic of the developments to be undertaken.
- Translating application story board and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code and ensure best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of application
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
- Participate and support other team members tasks to ensure successful project delivery when required
- Code maintenance and delivery to end user in a structured and disciplined manner