|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: £450 - £600 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
.Net Developer- DV Cleared
Security Clearance: You must have current DV Clearance
Software developers are required to support an Agile development project which is building bespoke applications for a Defence customer. These applications will contribute to a ground-breaking new approach to intelligence analysis, production, and collaboration, with significant improvements in the customer's business process. Applications will be implemented across a wide variety of systems and domains, and the project has an ambitious vision underpinning it. So far several stand-alone applications have been built, and the next phase of development will see a progression both in terms of new applications to increase functionality, but also to increase the interaction between the applications to produce a cohesive service. In addition the aspiration is to continue development of existing applications with rolling improvements, and to start exploring a cross domain solution with multiple instances of the core functionality. This role will join an existing team, operating at a high tempo, and will be expected to be on client site, for much of the development. Some travel to other partner sites (mainly Bristol and Gloucester) will also be required as part of this role.
Role and Responsibility
C#, .Net, MVC, Bootstrap, Configuration knowledge and experience with Desktop platforms, Group Policy, WSUS, IIS, SQL, VMM, WDS, DHCP, Linux OS
- 3-5 years experience in the technology sector; with at least 3 years of software development experience. Ideally this will include experience of developing using agile methodologies (Sliding scale requirement for more junior developers)
- Application development and design experience for a range of software technologies, must include recent experience of using C#, .NET and ideally the use of SQL and MVC.
- Experience of working on the following software development tasks:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for application improvements
- Working closely with users, analysts and solution designers
- Producing specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the applications once they are up and running
- Defence System acquisition experience
- Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.