|Location: Surbiton, Surrey||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Sector: Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Stalla Xystra||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Drupal Developer to join a well-established Travel company located in Surbiton. Our client is looking for a Drupal Developer to join their expanding development team, you will play a major role in providing conversion and optimisation developments for some of the client's key brands.
The vacancy is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £30k to £45k per annum depending on experience. Contractors will also be considered if willing to move into a permanent role.
- Pension Plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work
- Discounted travel opportunities
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance functionalities relating to the client's web applications
- Produce quality designs and code for complex systems and subsystems for use in the Marine application platforms.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and resolving technical and functional errors across all sites
- Work with the business to capture and analyse requirements, providing technical input in a clear well-communicated manner. Create suitable design documentation and / or data models for others (including 3rd party near-shore/offshore suppliers) to work from.
- Follow department standards on code and environment configuration management, project lifecycle, and release procedures
- Provide written/verbal project progress reports or updates as requested by line manager
- Delivery of agreed tasks to agreed time scales
- Work with third-parties involved with application development
- Maintain a broad awareness of developments in eCommerce, both within and outside the travel industry. Make recommendations for development that will enhance the customer experience and drive profitable growth and improve conversion.
- Actively promote the use of emerging technologies and techniques to provide standout over and above our competitors.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the systems involved, how these systems support the business, how these systems interact with other corporate (and 3rd party) applications, and their place in the overall IT architecture.
- Analyse systems proactively to identify problems and trends and propose technical solutions and recommend changes to optimise system performance and usability.
- Create documentation to support future maintenance of system and to support operational requirements.
- Review the design and code produced by colleagues (some of whom will be overseas based) to ensure it is of good quality, runs efficiently and adheres to coding standards.
- Ensure developments work across all supported browsers as required.
- Responsible for the quality of delivery through liaising with the QA team and the use of PHPUnit and Continuous Integration.
- Drupal 7
- Apache HTTPD
- GIT or other SCM
- Responsive frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Drupal 8; Drupal Views; Panels; Features and Rules
- Linux CLI and shell scripting; Jenkins
Knowledge / Background / Experience:
- Have a background in Agile delivery
- Be bright, enthusiastic, hard-working, a team player and focused to contribute as well as grow in the team
- Have the ability to learn new technologies and iterate quickly
- Have excellent communications and client facing skills
- Show great attention to detail and produce high quality work
- Thrive on problem solving and be able to work independently
- Be adaptable to changing priorities
- Be self-motivated and organized
Core competencies / Essential requirements
- Demonstrable web development experience in a delivery focused commercial environment
- Sound and thorough experience in PHP with exposure to open CMS solutions.
- Exposure to XML standards and development
- Will have used a versioning system such as GIT, CVS or SVN in a production environment
- Knowledge of any of the following also be an advantage: CloudFlare; Varnish; PageSpeed; Memcache, Elastic Search; Solr; GTM
- Ability to work as part of a team, and communicate effectively with department colleagues and key business representatives
- Analytical skills and ability to solve problems quickly
- A desire and passion for constantly developing websites to keep up with changing technologies
- Able to work on own initiative and anticipate workloads
- Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to these
- Understanding of commercial needs and how they are delivered by various applications
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Availability to do out of hours support work if necessary.
- Ability to commute to Crawley occasionally, if necessary.