|Location: Surbiton, Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Are you looking for the next big challenge? Are you self-motivated, and interested in new web technologies? My client is looking for a Drupal Developer. As a member of the Drupal Team you'll take a key role in contributing to the company's continuing success. They are looking for the finest developers to join an expanding development team. You will play a major role in providing conversion and optimisation developments for some of the key brands within the company, maintaining and improving our current code base and implementing new strategic functionality.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Produce quality designs and code for complex systems and subsystems for use in the Marine application platforms.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and resolving technical and functional errors across all sites
- Work with the business to capture and analyse requirements, providing technical input in a clear well-communicated manner. Create suitable design documentation and / or data models for others (including 3rd party near-shore/offshore suppliers) to work from.
- Maintain a broad awareness of developments in eCommerce, both within and outside the travel industry. Make recommendations for development that will enhance the customer experience and drive profitable growth and improve conversion.
- Actively promote the use of emerging technologies and techniques to provide standout over and above our competitors.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the systems involved, how these systems support the business, how these systems interact with other corporate (and 3rd party) applications, and their place in the overall IT architecture.
- Analyse systems proactively to identify problems and trends and propose technical solutions and recommend changes to optimise system performance and usability.
- Create documentation to support future maintenance of system and to support operational requirements.
- Review the design and code produced by colleagues (some of whom will be overseas based) to ensure it is of good quality, runs efficiently and adheres to coding standards.
- Responsible for the quality of delivery through liaising with the QA team and the use of PHPUnit and Continuous Integration.
Knowledge / Background / Experience:
- Drupal 7
- Apache HTTPD
- GIT or other SCM
- Responsive frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Drupal 8; Drupal Views; Panels; Features and Rules
- Linux CLI and shell scripting; Jenkins
- Knowledge of any of the following also be an advantage: CloudFlare; Varnish; PageSpeed; Memcache, Elastic Search; Solr; GTM
- Competitive salary
- Employee travel discounts across all product types
- Access to our exclusive rewards portal
- 25 days annual leave
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities