|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Stalla Xystra||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Drupal Developer to join a well-established Travel company located in Crawley, West Sussex. The vacancy is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £55k per annum depending on experience.
Our client is looking for a Drupal Developer who will be responsible for developing industry-leading travel websites and applications. Working with the design and specialist teams to support, update and enhance current sites across multiple development platform stacks.
Maintain, develop existing and new stacks as required - based on analysis of business requirements and internal designs. To provide accurate estimations for work based upon clear evaluation and breakdown of delivery. To write and maintain structured clean reusable code. To focus on delivering within time constraints adhering to quality and best technical guidelines.
- Pension Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Life Assurance: 3 x your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP):
- Health cash plan:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional Holiday through Salary Sacrifice: Where it is operationally possible you will have the opportunity to request up to 10 days additional leave
- The Travel Bar: This scheme is all about opportunities to make your money go further - you can save up to £1,000 per year on your everyday and exceptional shopping and services.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loan
- Long Service Recognition: It may seem like a long way ahead, but we believe that it is important to thank everyone for their contribution to the success of our business. Please contact your local HR team for more information.
- Payroll Giving
- Discounted travel opportunities
Key responsibilities for the Drupal Developer position include:
* To be involved at various stages of the software development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support
* To raise and mitigate against potential technical risks
Systems and information architecture
* To consider systems performance requirements and to get advice from Technical Lead or Seniors when making specific determinations relating to system performance requirements
* To work with the client's specialists to understand the delivery (design and functionality) concept, and advise how it can be implemented technically within constraints
* To build solutions in a manner that enables technical teams to work in an efficient manner
* To be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies
* To adhere to standards and approaches throughout as defined by the development team
* To write clean, structured, maintainable and well documented code
* To deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free
* To make sure you understand why processes are important for the team to follow and the standard software tools that the team have chosen and how to use them
* To follow our processes set by the team whilst looking to offer opportunities about new tools and ideas to improve processes
* Strive to learn and keep up to date with the latest information, which should be considered during all deliveries
* To be aware of the implementation of our activities and make sure they apply to the same standards that we would expect
Day to day Task Management
* To make sure you gain a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of our brands
* To review your task progress and be able to provide written or verbal feedback about your task status
* To make sensible decisions when working on, reviewing and auditing legacy code
Communication and problem solving
* To handle support issues as quickly and efficiently as possible with an appropriate resolution
o To escalate critical support instances to your Technical Lead or the Software Development Manager
* To partake in discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems
* To contribute to the technical analysis and project briefs to make sure they are complete and accurate
* To make sure estimates take into account all possible risks and contain the options to mitigate the risks
* To make sure written reports adhere to brand style guidelines and client communication is at an excellent and professional level
* Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
* Coding experience in more than 3 of the following, PHP, React, JS, SaSS, JSP, HTML,
* Development experience on a CMS platform, such as Drupal 7, Drupal 8
* Experience of Github or similar version control such as SVN / CVS
* Familiar with Development and Debugging Tools
* Broad understanding Industry Accepted Best Practices and Tools
* Development Experience with Node / Gulp / Grunt or similar
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.