|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40 - £44 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
EC&I Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an EC&I Engineer with experience of equipment design.
The successful EC&I Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because you will receive a competitive pay rate of between £40 - £44 per hour.
Some of the main duties of the EC&I Engineer will include:
* To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering on T26 for both C&I and PMS.
* Decompose and derive C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards applicable to a warship, to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement
* Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
* Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence
* Develop C&I electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
* Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
* Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc.
* Be capable of CAD drawing C&I equipment and panel designs (preferably AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
* Be able to review design of electrical circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and compliance verification.
* Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
* To review and improve the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer
What you need to be the successful EC&I Engineer:
* HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation, Control Engineering or related discipline.
* 5-7 years minimum experience in an engineering design or C&I environment.
* Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
* Experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC).
* Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
* Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
* Knowledge of environmental certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. Knowledge of shock related requirements for Military / Marine installations desirable
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable. Production of panel general arrangements, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, Instrument and IO schedules, instrument hook-ups, block cable diagrams, P&ID design experience.
* Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an EC&I Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!