|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Rate: £35 - £45 p/h
Term: Initial 12 Months
Hours: 37 Per Week
Key Skills: EC&I, Design, Defence, Marine, MoD, C&I, PMS, Platform Management Systems, CAD, Wiring, Schematics, Supplier, Bids, Equipment, Electrical, Circuits, Lifecycle, Testing, Integration, Acceptance, T26, AutoCAD, DOORS, Military, Electronics, Engineering, HMI, PLC
An experienced EC&I Engineer is required to join my client to undertake equipment design activities within the Marine sector for my client.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as an EC&I Engineer?
- Provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering
- Decompose and derive C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards
- Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications
- Develop C&I electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
- Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items
- Be capable of CAD drawing C&I equipment and panel designs, ideally AutoCAD, producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
- Be able to review design of electrical circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and compliance verification.
- Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
- To review and improve the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer
What are we looking for in our next EC&I Engineer?
- Degree or diploma in Instrumentation, Control Engineering or related Industry
- 5+ years' experience in an Engineering Design or C&I environment.
- Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC).
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
- Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
- Knowledge of environmental certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations.
- CAD capable. Production of panel general arrangements, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, Instrument and IO schedules, instrument hook-ups, block cable diagrams, P&ID design experience.
- Excellent PC Skills - DOORS, Visio, Project, Excel
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional EC&I Engineer expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, internationally renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy