|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £27000 - £32000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 28 days ago|
EC&I Equipment Engineer
An EC&I Equipment Engineer is required for my client in Bristol. To assist in EC&I equipment design activities, under the guidance of the Principal Equipment Engineer in specification and development of C&I and Platform Management System (PMS) equipment across various projects and bids.
It is anticipated that you will have been an Engineering apprentice with an Instrumentation or Electrical background and have at least 2-3 years equipment design experience. They are offering up to £32,000 + some excellent benefits:
Group Personal Pension Scheme
Employee Share Scheme
Life Assurance (4x Salary)
Private Medical Insurance (Pmi)
o 25 Days Holiday Per Year
o 26 Days After 3 Years Service
o 27 Days After 5 Years Service
Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
Child Care Vouchers
Personal Achievement Training
- To assist in the decomposition and derivation of C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards applicable to a warship, to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
- Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of equipment/procurement specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence
- Assist development of C&I electrical and mechanical designs, including producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
- Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
- Assist in the production of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc
- Assist in the creation of AutoCAD drawings.
- Assist the test department in providing input into the development of functional test procedures and help support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
- To perform in accordance with the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- ONC/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation or related discipline (or working towards).
- 2-3 years experience in an engineering design or C&I environment.
- Good technical author and PC skills for documents, reports & spreadsheets.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Through, diligent and practical approach.
- Eagerness to learn and interest in all aspects of automation system development. Advantageous
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and projects.
- Understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools