|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40 - £42 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
EC&I Equipment Engineer
Bristol, 40-42/hour, 6 months
A Contract EC&I Equipment Engineer is required for my client in Bristol. To undertake EC&I equipment design activities on the Type 26 Royal Naval Warship, under the guidance of the Principal Equipment Engineer in specification and development of C&I and Platform Management System (PMS).
It is anticipated that you will have been an Engineering apprentice and have at least 3-5 years experience in the Marine defence Industry, with an strong Instrumentatation or Electrical background with equipment design experience. Relevant experience in other industries will also be acceptable.
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be put through SC clearance, so please only apply if this is possible.
- To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering on T26 for both C&I and PMS.
- Decompose and derive C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards applicable to a warship, to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement
- Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence
- Develop C&I electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
- Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
- Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc
- Be capable of CAD drawing C&I equipment and panel designs (preferably AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
- Be able to review design of electrical circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and compliance verfication.
- Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
- To review and improve the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation, Control Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in an engineering design or C&I environment.
- Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC). Advantageous
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
- Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
- Knowledge of environmental certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. Knowledge of shock related requirements for Military / Marine installations desirable
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable. Production of panel general arrangements, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, Instrument and IO schedules, instrument hook-ups, block cable diagrams, P&ID design experience.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).