|Location: Kings Hill, Kent||Salary: £28000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jodie Stevens|
Job Title: Ecologist
Location: Kings Hill
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
1 full time position available at 40 hours/week.
Description of Ecologist:
This is an exciting opportunity for an Ecologist to work in the highways sector, helping to deliver the government's ambitious Road Investments Strategy for Environmental Designated Funding. The role is to provide ecological support for routine maintenance activities, schemes and construction projects for the service provider.
Key Duties for the Ecologist:
Typically, the role of Ecologist will involve the completion of environmental studies such as;
- Network wide landscape character enhancement
- Species rich grassland improvement/creation and an ambitious project to retrofit existing bridges with green features.
- There is a requirement to undertake non-statutory environmental assessment of maintenance works on a regular basis and propose mitigation for construction projects including the provision of European Protected Species licensing
- Checking colleague's reports
- Providing advice and support to a growing team.
What you need for the Ecologist position:
- Candidates must have a clear understanding of environmental legislation relating to protected species and habitats
- An understanding of GIS and be willing to assist all teams within the business with expert ecological advice.
- Comply with all the companies processes and procedures
- Comply with all H&S requirements
- The Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB Vols. 10 and 11) and the Asset Maintenance and Operational Requirements.
- At least one European Protected Species Class 1 License (GCN, dormouse or bats) is desirable with 2+ years' experience in ecological consultancy.
- Some planning experience would also be advantageous.
Essential requirements for the Ecologist position:
- A degree and / or relevant experience relating to the environment, ecology, horticulture or arboriculture
- Professional membership / chartership e.g. CIEEM, IFMA, etc
- Experience of environment assessment reports
- Full driver's license
- Good I.T. and communication (written and verbal) skills
They will get you started ASAP, so if this is of interest - please get in touch!