|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50 - £60 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Electrical Design Authority (contract)
Contract Duration: 24 months
Electrical Design Authority needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the below.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Design Authority will include:
- Reporting directly to the Project Chief Engineer
- Lead the Electrical/Electronic design acceptance activity on a major programme.
- This role will be Customer facing and demand the credibility to sell off the Electrical/Electronic Architecture against first the Sub-System and then System level requirements
- This will demand experience of working within the Def Stan 61-5 Part 6 and IEC61508, to gain full functional safety accreditation.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Design Authority:
In order to be the successful Electrical Design Authority and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Hardware electrical power and circuit protection design experience
- Demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies
- Electrical/Electronic design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
- Distributed control and Interface experience.
- Working at system level, with suppliers/customers both internal and external.
- Able to work at unit level, with ability to understand and develop detailed technical trades.
- Product Development Process awareness
- Knowledge of hardware and bus protocols including: CAN, SSI, RS422, IBIS, Ethernet, 1553
- Use and selection of motor technologies and drive solutions
- The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
- Saber RD simulation experience.
- Experience with Def Stan 61-5 part 6.
- Practical electrical installation, harness and busbar design experience.
- Practical past experience with 28V vehicle power generation and distribution system.
- Knowledge of EMC, and power system design to minimise signatures (Electric and Magnetic field).
- Experience of working in a structured development process environment.
- Knowledge of EMC
- Ability to support and manage aspects of assembly, integration and test.
- Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Awareness of MISRA, DO-178C and IEC61508 design. Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Authority to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.