|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Electrical Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of designing and drawing rig components and labs using drawing software, experience with Ethernet networking ,able to read and interpret aircraft design drawings and modifications including parts lists, assembly drawings and publications, and the Aerospace/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Designing and drawing rig components and labs using drawing software which exports to AutoCAD;
- Design, build and test of Test Facilities equipment, including racks, cabling and computer equipment;
- Redline review of received drawings using knowledge of manufacturing techniques to determine feasibility of certain design decisions.
- Ability to fast prototype different hardware solutions in response to technical issues within new rigs equipment and cabling, particularly with respect to video signalling.
- Identifying additional laboratory hardware and software components and preparation of data to support procurement.
- Manage hardware and software installations/updates and configurations on Test Facilities
- Setting and configure computer hardware and software installations
- Receive, inspect and unpack goods
- Co-ordination of support, repair, maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Maintain Local Assets Database
- Liaison with Asset Management for parts management
- Maintain formal configuration of Rigs & Documentation
- Configuration of test System, help & training to Users.
- Proactive attitude towards last minute, ad hoc, rig configuration needs of test engineers
- Overseeing small team administrating IT systems and manufacturing racks and cabling
What you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electrical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Electrical Engineering background
- Able to read and interpret aircraft design drawings and modifications including parts lists, assembly drawings and publications
- Able to write detailed change requests, detailed procedures and reports
- Designing and drawing rig components and labs using drawing software
- Write technical reports for Hardware and Software components design
- Experience with Ethernet networking
- Rig Booking System & problem tracking System Administration
Desirable skills and experience are as follows:
- Experience within a helicopter systems environment
- Good expertise in MS office products
- NEBOSH General certificate
- Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function without placing an excessive burden on the practitioner or expert.
- Ability to maintain a balance between attention to detail and gaining an overall understanding of assigned requirements, functions and design within the wider programme.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and Verbal.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good communication skills, able to work effectively in small development teams
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Electrical Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.