|Location: Exeter, Devon||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 18 days ago|
About the business for the Electrical Engineer role:
We have an urgent role for an Electrical Engineer to work for one the UK'S leading firms of consulting engineers, with major operations throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
We provide design services for large clients such as:
- Wessex Water
- South West Water
- Severn Trent Water
Main Purpose of the Electrical Engineer Job
- Reporting to the M&E Director you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers.
- As the Electrical Engineer you will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Waste sectors as well as assist the project teams to complete scopes of work within the agreed timeframe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer;
- Act in the capacity of Lead Electrical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design power systems (mainly low voltage), automation and instrumentation systems.
- Undertake site surveys of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Produce electrical calculations, electrical schedules, specifications, Single Line Diagrams and system architecture.
- Undertake checks and reviews of electrical designs prepared by others.
- Produce User Requirement Specifications/Control Philosophies and P&I Diagrams
- Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc).
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
- Carry out site surveys and produce technical feasibility reports.
Essential Experience for the Electrical Engineer
- A minimum of 3 -5 years' experience in relevant discipline.
- Experience of outline and detailed electrical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector.
- A good understanding and experience in using all of the relevant standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water and Waste sector.
- Experience in using current design methods.
- Experience in low voltage design.
- Be a proactive team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Preferred Experience for the Electrical Engineer
- Experience of ATEX/DSEAR.
- Experience of Variable Speed Drives, electric motors and power switchgear.
- Working as part of a co-located team within a Client office.
- Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
- BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND, or equivalent).
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) or working towards it.
- Member of the IET.
- CAD/BIM and Amtech electrical software.
- MEng qualification.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.