|Location: Telford, Shropshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Electrical Engineer Team Leader
Electrical Engineer Team Leader needed for a world leading defence organisation based in Telford who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer Team Leader with an in-depth knowledge of validating, interrogating and authorising designs, overseeing electrical and/or electronic upgrades or improvements, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer Team Leader will include:
- Scheduling, prioritising and supervising the work of electrical and Vetronics staff whilst managing your own work schedule to ensure target timescales are met, KPIs are adhered to and all work is completed within budget demands
- Conducting performance and development reviews for allocated staff whilst ensuring to review and approve their technical outputs such as drawings, design specifications, technical plans and reports; making sure the contractual requirements are fulfilled and they are contributing to cost-effective design
- Assisting in the validation process of any systems or equipment; this may include the generation of test schedules, writing test and integration plans and the writing and investigating of technical reports
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure work is completed in compliance with technical requirements and quality standards
- Maintaining regular contact with stakeholders from the Ministry of Defence; presenting findings, offering concise updates and effectively contributing to debates
- Ensuring that consideration is given to safety, risk, electromagnetic compatibility, reliability and maintainability associated with the technical solution, in conjunction with subject matter experts
What you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer Team Leader:
In order to be the successful Electrical Engineer Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of leading a team of engineers
- Knowledge of Vetronic subsystems
- Experience of validating, interrogating and authorising designs
- Experience of overseeing electrical and/or electronic upgrades or improvements
- Qualified to Degree level in Electrical or Electronics or equivalent
- Experience of working on combat vehicles
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electrical Engineer Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants going forward for the Electrical Engineer Team Leader must be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits that will be discussed at application stage!