|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Electrical Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Hardware electrical power and circuit protection, distributed control and interface experience, and the defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Reporting directly to the Project Chief Engineer
- Lead the Electrical/Electronic design acceptance activity on a major Armoured Fighting Vehicle programme.
- This role will be Customer facing and demand the credibility to sell off the company Electrical/Electronic Architecture against first the Sub-System and then System level requirements.
- This will demand experience of working within the Def Stan 61-5 Part 6 and IEC61508, to gain full functional safety accreditation.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electrical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Hardware electrical power and circuit protection design experience
- Demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies
- Electrical/Electronics design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
- Distributed control and Interface experience.
- Working at system level, with suppliers/customers both internal and external.
- Able to work at unit level, with ability to understand and develop detailed technical trades.
- Product Development Process awareness
- Knowledge of hardware and bus protocols including: CAN, SSI, RS422, IBIS, Ethernet, 1553
- Use and selection of motor technologies and drive solutionsThe role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
Additional knowledge and experience would be highly advantegeous:
- Saber RD simulation experience.
- Experience with Def Stan 61-5 part 6.
- Practical electrical installation, harness and busbar design experience.
- Prior ground vehicle design, integration and field trial experience.
- Practical past experience with 28V vehicle power generation and distribution system.
- Knowledge of EMC, and power system design to minimise signatures (Electric and Magnetic field).
- Experience of working in a structured development process environment.
- Knowledge of EMC
- Ability to support and manage aspects of assembly, integration and test.
- Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Awareness of MISRA, DO-178C and IEC61508 design. Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!